Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A new website I'd like to share ...

http://zenhabits.net

As I was eyeing through my google read feeds from my igoogle homepage, I noticed this blog title ... 10 Minimalist Things To Do. I was instantly drawn to this idea because I prefer to keep my life simple. It makes time management efficient from a day to day basis. Here is an excerpt from the blog ..

As I noted last week, I consider myself a minimalist. Does that mean everything I do is minimalist? No, but there are some odd little things I do that you might consider minimalist.

  1. No watch. My watch broke a couple of years ago, and I decided I’d go without it. It saves me from having to put on a watch every day, and I feel much lighter. Plus, it has the advantage of making me less conscious of time, and more conscious of what I’m doing and who I’m with.
  2. No desktop storage. I don’t store my info on my computer’s hard drive. First, because I got tired of emailing myself my work files, so I could access them from home, or putting them on a flash drive or uploading them to web storage, or syncing my files. I decided to put everything online, and use online apps so that I could access info from anywhere. And it has made my life so much easier and simpler. I sometimes use desktop apps, but I then transfer it online and delete the file from the hard drive. I still have stuff on my hard drive, of course, but that’s just because I haven’t bothered to delete my old files — I don’t actually use them.
...

This goes through about 10 other things on his list he does "one less" of that makes his life easier to manage. I will read through more of his blogs because they seem like good information to absorb. I must admit that some of the sacrifices he makes may be a little to extreme for me, however his thoughts on "zenlife" is a refreshing new perspective.

No comments: