I'll have to say ... I'm quite impressed! Google finally released the ability to sign on to your AIM screename directly through gmail. This was a pretty talked about feature and it just went live!
I was reading my morning email when I noticed the new feature link in bright red! I was able to sign on to aim through gmail without a hitch. The chat windows are clean and the animated smilies are refreshing. I had been waiting for this feature for quite a while now ... I prefer not to sign on to AIM using the native app. It's hideous!
One thing I am disappointed about is that this feature doesn't integrate itself into gtalk as well. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, but until then I am quite satisfied with keeping my gmail window open or using the pop out feature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment