Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Recent happenings ...

It's been a while since I blogged. I'm actually sitting here at work trying to figure out whats the next best gadget I can splurge on for my birthday. Choices are abundant, but I have to narrow it down to what best suit my needs. Since I am a die hard nokia fan, the N810 was the first device I looked at. I even thought of investing in a PSP or DSlite, but I don't play enough games on the go to need one. My focus is mostly on mobile productivity & connectivity. I am thinking of developing (or learn to atleast) some mobile applications and I'll need a device that I can work on ... "on the go." I want/need a portable device that almost has the power of a laptop, but not quite the price tag that a decent laptop comes with. If I plan on spending money on a laptop ($2k+) it will definitely be a "desktop replacement" and it will completely replace my current home PC.

When I am at work, I need something I can connect to the Internet using my 3g connection and n73. The safe filter here at work blocks out a lot of regular sites I visit, and it's annoying not be able to catch up on my reading. After careful research I have decided to give the ASUS EEE PC a try. Luckily, I have a friend who works for ASUS and he gets quite a good deal on one. Now, this is little gadget has gotten quite the reviews ... many customers out there are fully satisfied with this product. And since the EEE PC comes with a modified version of Linux it will give me a chance to mess around with a different OS. I've been putting off installing Free BSD on my 2nd PC for quite some time now. This beau seems to be the next best thing for me productivity wise. Good bye to paper/pen note-taking during lectures. The size is amazing and perfectly fits my mobile needs. You can check out some pictures of the EEE PC on Flickr. Whats even better is the price tag it comes with. ~$400 !! Can't wait to get my hands on one soon!

On the WoW front: I transfered servers... BG9 is extemely overated and the competition on there is something I cannot keep up with. When some of the best arena teams in the world come from BG9, you can imagine competition in this battlegroup. My crew and I moved to US-PVP server Detheroc which is on BG5- Shadowburn. Upon arriving to my new server ... my buddy Gabe (Serephim 48/11/0) and I broke 1850+ in 2v2 bracket. Our track record is 37 wins and 6 losses. I also switched from my muti playstyle to shadowstep (3/15/43). This new playstyle is definitely fun...a lot more mobility!!! I do miss the eyecandy mutilates :( BUT not enough. I feel it's a fair trade for the mobility issues I was facing when fighting druid/xxx teams or just generally any class that kited me around :( The plan is to hit 2k rating in the 3s with Eric.. Dankh + Fazee + Serephim = RMP = RAWR. Whisper Dankh or Pawan (Hunter alt =D)and say hi if you play on Detheroc. I'd love to make some new friends since I left many back on Blackrock :(

No comments: